Mayor Lee would enjoy nothing more on the occasion of his 60th birthday than to encourage all San Franciscans to volunteer, do something healthy, or do something to support our City.
Choose one, two, or three (or as many as you can) from the list of 60 things to do to celebrate Mayor Lee’s birthday.
And, let us know what you did and how you enjoyed it. Mayor Lee will tweet out about your volunteer experience with the hashtag #60thingstodo.
60 simple and fun things to do.
- List 60 random acts of kindness- do one each day for 60 days.
- Volunteer 60 minutes, or even 60 hours with your favorite nonprofit organization.
- Serve 60 meals at your local soup kitchen.
- Volunteer 60 minutes with shelter animals at SF Animal Care & Control.
- Spend 60 minutes every week to mentor a young person.
- Give back to our veterans by volunteering 60 minutes or 60 hours with the U.S. Veterans Administration.
- Donate 60 cans of food to The San Francisco Food Bank or any other non-profit organization accepting food.
- Donate $60 to any of the City’s Give2SF organizations.
- Donate 60 school supply items to the San Francisco Unified School District.
- Donate 60 items of clothing/shoes to a donation store.
- Join your Neighborhood Emergency Response Team.
- Sign up for a neighborhood watch group.
- Spend $60 at a local San Francisco business in your neighborhood.
- Support 60 youth internships within City Government.
- Get 60 animals adopted from SF Animal Care and Control.
- “Pay it forward” 60 times this year. Without being asked, or being compensated, do something good for someone (a favor, an apology/forgive someone, a visit, a telephone call, an act, a chore, etc.).
- Read 60 books to a child or children at home or in the classroom.
- Shop at local businesses 60 times.
- Help an elderly neighbor with house chores or gardening.
- Volunteer for 60 minutes at Project Homeless Connect.
Do Something Fun (and healthy!)
Help the Environment!
- Volunteer with Friends of the Urban Forest and help plant 60 new trees.
- Go on 60 MUNI bus rides instead of driving your car.
- Pick up 60 pieces of trash on Ocean Beach.
- Bike to work for 60 days instead of driving.
- Walk to work 60 times.
- Walk your kids to school 60 times.
- Bike 60 times to work.
- Conserve more water than you usually do for consecutive 60 days.
- Submit 60 ideas to help save the City money.
- Log 60 minutes (or hours) riding your bike.
- Go energy free (without electricity) for 60 minutes a day for 60 days.
- Drink Hetch Hetchy tap water for 60 days instead of buying bottled water.
- Ride your bike 60 times instead of driving a car.
- Report 60 items (e.g., graffiti removal, pothole, garbage, etc.) to the 311 Customer Service Center.
- Support a Community Clean Team event by volunteering for 60 minutes.
- Pick up 60 pieces of trash off San Francisco sidewalks.
- Participate in a 60-minute Ocean Beach cleanup.
- Take 60 minutes a month to get your family's disaster plans and preparations in place. Found out how on www.72hours.org.
- Prepare 60 items in case of a disaster for your home and work.
- Get 60 friends to do the same!
- Register with ImproveSF, a new platform for civic engagement, and earn 60 points.i
- Participate in the ImproveSF website 60 times/60days
- Tweet 60 positive messages or experiences related to SF. (Include #60thingstodo and we’ll feature your tweets on the Mayor’s website throughout May. Let’s make #60thingstodo a trending topic!)
- Tweet about 60 great things to do in San Francisco #60thingstodo.